Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, you LOOK like a monkey, and ya SMELL like one too!!!
That is the song that I woke up singing. Yes indeed, it is my birthday today! 22 whopping years have passed. I decided that since that version of happy birthday has me looking like a monkey, it was time to do the design that I promised I’d do on facebook a few weeks ago.
When my Nicole By OPI Blogger Spotlight first came out, a person on facebook said that the position of my hand looked like a monkey claw and that I should find a different one. Since I don’t really get affected by random strangers’ insults, some fellow readers and I decided that it was actually pretty funny and that it’d make a good design- a way to overcome the insult and turn it into something good…. Well now is the time, my friends…. its… THE CLAWWWWWWW!!!!! (and if you’re wondering what that reference is… dear Red Stewart and Cathy Richardson nicknamed me MC for Monkey Claw based on The Claw from Liar Liar AND if you’re wondering what the title of this post is about, its a funny quote from the movie Beauty Shop and it fit right in today).
Without Further Ado:
From left to right: Curious George, Abu from Aladdin, Rafiki from The Lion King, and a Sock Monkey. Rafiki is special to me, since well, the love of my life is a Rafiki…. or rather Rafik. Close enough :-)
I used a mix of OPI and Nicole By OPI for this design because I didn’t have enough of just one or the other to do all of it in one brand.
I started with OPI Natural Nail Base Coat, OPI Alpine Snow, OPI Ya’ll Come Back Ya Hear?, OPI Ski Teal We Drop, Nicole By OPI Razzle Dazzler, OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys, Nicole By OPI I’m A Belieber, OPI Fiercely Fiona, Nicole By OPI Red-y To Runaway Love?, OPI San Tan-tonio, Nicole By OPI “Baby” Blue, OPI Dating A Royal, and OPI Skull and Glossbones. Topped everything with a coat of Seche Vite.
The products in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer. For further information, please read my disclosure statement.
BUT WAIT! There’s MORE!!
Thanks to the Nicole By OPI blogger spotlight, they have graciously decided that I get to give one of you lucky readers in the UNITED STATES** a FULL set of the collection Something About Spring!!
Here’s what to do!
1) You must be a follower of this blog to enter. New followers are welcome.
2) ** YOU MUST BE IN THE UNITED STATES. The reason for this is because Nicole By OPI will be shipping directly to you and as a large company, there are laws regarding shipping polishes internationally. So, to win this contest, you MUST have an address in the US. Sorry international folks!
3) Create a design that is FREEHAND ONLY. No stamping, You MAY use apliques, like rhinestones, pearls, and beads but you may not use stickers, stamps, or decals.
4) You must create the nail art on real hands, not mannequin hands or faux nails (acrylics, gels, etc on sticks, model hands, or loose).
5) Tell me your favorite Nicole By OPI Polish. It can be any of them but if you don’t know where to start, try the Try It On Studio.
6) I will be accepting entries until 11:59pm EDT on June 30th.
The theme of the nail art?
Life for me has been filled with LOTS of celebrations of good things lately- birthdays, graduations, new beginnings etc and so I’d like to see you create a design that shows your happy celebratory side!!!
In addition to your design, write a short blurb on your design and anything good going on in your life lately, even if it’s the smallest thing in the world. We all have reasons to be happy but sometimes we get wrapped up in stress and forget. I want you to realize that you have things to be happy about and to celebrate!
So in short, send me an email with your follower name, do a celebration nail art design by hand, explain your reasons for celebrating even if its small, pick a Nicole By OPI Polish that is your favorite, and then email me your entry at email@example.com before June 30th at 11:59pm EDT. The winner will be picked by me based on your overall story and design and I will put the winners nail art on my blog in the winner’s announcement post!
xoxo The Monkey Claw